In my previous post, Instagram for business I shared the importance of, and the potential for your business of establishing a brand presence on Instagram for your business.
Here’s how you can get started on Instagram today.
1. Download the Instagram mobile app on iTunes and open a free account.
2. Complete your username and bio. For brand consistency use the same username that you use on other social media platforms.
3. Add your profile photo – this could be your company logo.
4. Enable Push Notifications – this enables you to receive alerts when your posts/pictures are liked/shared, commented on. You can then respond to, and interact with your followers in a timely manner.
5. Follow people – you could start with relevant people in your industry. You can also automatically add established lists to your Instagram, such as your Facebook contacts.
6. Start posting high quality, high resolution images and and sharing and engaging with your Instagram connections. Include both business related content and mix it up with more fun, personal content, such as a pic of the bosses dog at the office to connect with your audience.
This will get you started, and we highly recommend you create a simple but focused Instagram marketing strategy. It doesn’t have to be complicated, but you will want to have specific outcomes for your efforts so that you use your time most effectively.
There are specific tips, tricks and ways you can accelerate your results on Instagram such as using hashtags, cross posting and securing “shout outs” from influencers (people in your niche with huge followings), and we’ll be writing more about these topics in future posts.
In the meantime if there’s something specific you have a question on or would like us to write about in the future feel free to contact us or leave a comment below.
Linda Stewart is an online business strategist and Krykle’s content creation, list-building and email marketing expert. She helps entrepreneurs and business owners start, manage and grow their businesses using the ‘portable income model’ for more time, more profit and more freedom. Linda can be contacted through the contact form page.
Krykle.com can help you establish your online presence offering a complete suite of website services to suit your requirements and budget. We offer design, hosting and if required monthly management for your business. CLICK HERE for more information or CONTACT US for a custom quote for your project.