With over 400 million active monthly users, INSTAGRAM is the world’s fastest growing online social media platform.
If you’ve not yet not heard of Instagram (or have been hiding under a rock :), it is a hugely popular, mobile, photo-sharing, video-sharing, social networking site with users interacting over the power of the visual image.
That said, Instagram is much more than just a fun, social network and offers a whole host of proven advantages for your business. The platform has been described as “the King of social engagement”, and as “one of the most effective brand building tools available to businesses today”. And it has been attracting a tsunami of businesses who are rushing to sign up.
Here’s why you should join them in establishing a brand presence for your business on Instagram.
– It’s worth re-stating the obvious. With 400+ million active users each month! It’s growing, and fast.. In 2013, Instagram grew by 23%, while Facebook, its parent company grew by just 3%. Instagram offers a powerful opportunity for you to take advantage of the high traffic and growth potential.
– It’s primarily a mobile platform. Even if you aren’t familiar with the stats, you already know that everyone, everywhere – including your audience – is quite literally glued to their smartphone or mobile device. And they’re taking action. 70% of mobile search leads to online action within an hour. Mobile searchers are buyers.
– When it comes to business users, Instagram is a relatively under-utilised space. Most businesses are continuing to overlook this powerful platform, usually for one of two reasons. Firstly, they do not understand or appreciate its power and secondly, they’ve tried it without any kind of focused strategy and as a result saw little to no results.
– Instagram users are very highly engaged. Upon posting, Instagram’s “per follower engagement rate” for top brands is 58 times higher than Facebook, and 120 times more engagement per follower than Twitter. In fact Instagram’s engagement rates are higher than Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter combined. Not only that, as mentioned, Instagram users are spending money…
– Done correctly the growth and income potential for a business on Instagram can be staggering. Take Fashionnova, a 1.5 year old fashion company targeting 25-27 year old women.. In this short space of time they have built a highly targeted, highly engaged Instagram following of over 2 million fans, receive over 20,000 likes per post – and are generating $100,000 per month in revenue, purely from Instagram. Of course these results aren’t typical, but as a case study, they demonstrate the potential for driving traffic, building a following of super fans, generating a massive amount of clicks and of course income.
– It’s simple, easy and fun to use. Here’s how to get started today
– The visual content you will share on Instagram is limited only by your imagination. You ALWAYS want to use striking images that are in line with your brand. You also want a balance of business driven content and offers, along with fun engaging posts.
images of your products
images of you delivering your service (i.e. A personal trainer)
before and after pictures
behind the scenes in pics
tutorials (i.e. Make up lesson)
images of your customers using, or wearing your products
interactive posts – ask your audience for feedback
you on your travels
I hope you found this introduction to Instagram helpful and can see the value of getting your business involved. If you want to increase your reach, highlight your brand and connect with your audience through the very simple but powerful medium of visual images you absolutely must be on Instagram.
There are specific tips, tricks and ways you can accelerate your results on Instagram such as using hashtags, cross-posting, tagging and securing “shout outs” from influencers (people in your niche with huge followings), and we’ll be writing more about these topics in future posts.
In the meantime if there’s something specific you have a question on or would like us to write about in the future feel free to contact us or leave a comment below.
Linda Stewart is an online business strategist and Krykle’s content creation, list-building and email marketing expert. She helps entrepreneurs and business owners start, manage and grow their business using the ‘portable income model’ for more time, more profit and more freedom. Linda can be contacted through the contact form page.
Krykle.com can help you establish your online presence offering a complete suite of website services to suit your requirements and budget. We offer design, hosting and if required monthly management for your business. CLICK HERE for more information or CONTACT US for a custom quote for your project.