In my previous article I covered the first half of list-building and email marketing 101. If you happened to miss out on this article CLICK HERE for access.
Here are my Top 15 Reasons (trust me there are many more) Why YOUR Business Should Be Using Email Marketing
- It Works!Email marketing has been proven to work for any and every type of business, in every industry. It can consistently bring a constant flow of new customers into your business, reduce your marketing costs and convert more of your prospects into paying customers. Your number one marketing task in your business should be building your list and your number two should be communicating effectively and regularly with them.
- Go Way Beyond That First Date:Email marketing to a list of subscribers allows you to authentically engage with your prospects and customers and build a tremendous amount of trust. People buy from people they know, like and trust and used effectively email marketing allows you to build a strong relationship with your subscribers that can take them from cold prospects to loyal customers.
- It Establishes Credibility and Builds Authority:Email marketing enables you to continually demonstrate your knowledge and expertise and position yourself as an expert. When your audience views you as the authority, or expert on your topic they respect your opinions, listen to what you have to say and are more likely to buy from you based on your recommendations.
- Its Easy to Set Up: You can encourage people to opt into your list by offering a lead magnet such as an e-book, e-series or free report containing useful and relevant content that is of interest to your target audience. They receive the lead magnet in exchange for entering their email address in your opt-in box or lead capture page. You can then begin to regularly provide your list with more relevant content and educate them about you, your products and your services. In the same way that it is easy for your prospects and customers to subscribe, they can unsubscribe from your list just as easily in one click.
- Its Super Simple to Implement and manage: Email marketing is very simple and any business owner or entrepreneur can do it. There are definitely some do’s and don’ts with email marketing to avoid harming your relationship with your clients, but, ultimately if you can send an email you can already do it.
- Its Free/Low Cost: Email marketing is one of the most, if not the most cost effective forms of marketing. It eliminates the cost of postage, packaging and advertising costs, making it much more cost effective than traditional forms of advertising. It is usually very low cost and often completely free.
- Its Hugely Efficient: Once your campaign email(s) is complete, you can contact multiple hundreds and thousands of your list members simultaneously at the touch of a button.
- Its Instant: The second your email marketing message has been sent, your subscribers can read, and respond to that message almost instantly. You can literally send an email with a specific call to action and see your subscribers taking that action, including purchasing your products immediately. Very powerful.
- Its High Touch:Consumers usually need to see the same marketing message multiple times before they will take action and/or buy. And they want to hear from you. Being able to stay in touch with your list by email gives you multiple opportunities to put your message in front of them, compared with the number of times you can market to someone who might visit your website and see your message once, never to return again. So be sure to capture the emails of your website visitors in the first place.
- It Can Be Automated:You can connect your email list to an auto responder. An auto responder is an easy to use, web based email program that allows you to automatically send a pre-written sequence of emails to your list providing them with valuable, ongoing, usually evergreen (timeless) content that continues to educate and build rapport. There is no limit to the number of emails you can have in your auto responder sequence. It could be 5, 7 or 100 or more emails that are sent automatically even if you’re asleep or having fun at the beach with friends or out on that date! It’s your 24/7/365 automatic marketing machine.
- It Allows a Global Reach: With email marketing, geography is no longer a barrier. You can communicate with, and market to potential customers anywhere in the world, at any time and, depending on your offerings, they can immediately buy from you online.
- Its Eco Friendly: Being paperless, email marketing is environmentally friendly. Enough said.
- It Can Be Highly Targeted on Several Levels: Email marketing allows you to segment the subscribers on your list based on their specific actions or their individual interests. This allows you to create highly targeted mini listsof fans who you can speak to directly about the exact things that they are interested in. Done correctly this can have a massive impact on your response rates.
- Its Measurable: Your email marketing efforts are measurable and therefore easy to tweak, fine tune and improve. You can measure and improve the conversion rates of your lead capture as well as the open and click through rates of every single email you send. Being able to analyse and measure enables you to constantly improve your effectiveness and in turn the results you achieve.
- It Allows You to Optimize and Increase Your Response: List segmentation allows you to further segment your list based on whether or not they opened a specific email you sent out. This is genius because you can then re-send the exact same email again to the people who did or did not open it the first time (Tip: Always change the subject line). There are multiple ways you can further segment your list including those subscribers who did/did not buy. In the example given of re-sending to your non-opens, this single action increases your overall open and click through rates enormously. Obviously the more eyes you have on your campaign, the greater your response.
There is so much more that can be said about email marketing, but I hope to have demonstrated that it’s something that you should definitely be utilizing regardless of your business or business model. If you depend on customers to keep you in business – as all businesses do – then you are wasting a massive opportunity if you’re not using email marketing.
The biggest barrier to businesses not effectively using email marketing is simply not making the time to do it. However, utilizing and getting good at email marketing might be the most effective use of your time in terms of your return on investment.
Email marketing is a proven income generating activity and at the very least you should consider hiring an email marketing manager to set up and manage this essential task on your behalf.
If you’re convinced that email marketing can help your business, you can get started today by using one of the email/auto-responder companies such as Aweber. Alternatively, contact us to explore your options. We can save you time having to figure it all out yourself and get you set up the right way from the outset.
Linda Stewart is an online business strategist and Krykle’s content creation, list-building and email marketing expert. She helps entrepreneurs and business owners start, manage and grow their business using the ‘portable income model’ for more time, more profit and more freedom. Linda can be contacted through the contact form page.
Krykle.com can help you establish your online presence offering a complete suite of website services to suit your requirements and budget. We offer design, hosting and if required monthly management for your business. CLICK HERE for more information or CONTACT US for a custom quote for your project.